6/30/06 News Letter Along With A Suggested Outline For Your Reading and Learning Pleasure On This BlogSite
The purpose of this blogsite is for basic Christian practical and biblical theological practical Christian living. We believe the Bible is sufficient and has practical answers on living a progressively sanctified life. Even in this we fine many times Christians find themselves confused or not clear in understanding how to think or respond biblically in many difficult real life situations. Since, therefore, we believe the Bible is sufficient in all matters pertaing to doctrine, life and godliness we desire to bring to the Christian community a look at the Scriptures to dispel the confusion and help all that find they need God’s answers to life situations and difficulties.
The Month Of June:
June has been blessed in many ways. We have had many visits to the blogsite. New people continue to come visit and read the posted articles. Some folks come to the site on a daily basis. While we have not been posting daily we do post weekly with at least 2 articles. We are seeing a steady visitation in people coming to Doctrines of Grace blogsite at http://pilgrimchristian.blogspot.com/ . This is what we desire. It is true that anyone can come and read an article and then go away never returning. Our desire however is to have people come to this site over and over as one faces life’s problems. There is truly a great need to recall and to know what to do regardimg the circumstances that happen in our lives. Therefore there is a need for this blogsite. The need is so that Christians may revisit the articles that give biblical and godly directives. The site has 434 articles for the Christian community to read and learn in a pleasant and instructive format. Almost all of this is focused upon practical Christian living with biblical directives. May God bless you as you read and learn from His word.
Responses from our readers include:
“Hello , just wanted to say what a good job you did on the blog i am finding it extremely beneficial , God Bless you sir.”
“ I just read the biblical explanation on forgivness and find it extremely helpful. Thanks so much for this teaching.”
The instruction in the Bible on depression is very interesting. Being a person prone to depression I am finding help in what has been shared from the Bible on and about depression.”
“I am a Roman Catholic and I find the writings here very informative and helpful.”
“Since I do not like postmil eschatology I am not going to read what is on this blog.”
We certainly understand that we will not get everyone to read or like the blog but we do believe this is a place where many Christians can come read and llearn in a pleasant and non threatening way. While reading the articles each visitor can learn the Bible answers to some of life’s hard problems. AS many of you have found this to be so we encourage you to tell your pastor, family and friends what this site has to offer.
Special Interest Blog Entries:
Listed below are just a few of the Blog entries in the month of June which may be of special interest to you.
A. An Eleven (11) Part Thematic Study Series From The Wisdom Literature of Proverbs (to be continued)
B. 4 Part Series entitled Preparing to Enter Glory
1. Preparing to Enter Glory / A Saint Looks At Death
2. The Need For Advanced Care Directives
3. Help in Making Extreme Medical Decisions
4. Proper Thinking At the Time of Death Or At a Funeral Of a Loved OneProper Thinking At The Time Of Death And / Or At Funeral Of A Loved One
C. How To Handle Denominational or Distinctives Within Other Churches
D. Hospitality An Open Heart Exposed
Suggested Reading Outline
While appreciating the medium of blogs we feel it would be better if we could move our blogs into more systematic and orderly headings. While not being able to do that here is good outline of the blogs and their headings so that you may be able to read by topic or ina systematic manner. We will update this at the end of each month. Finally with over 367 different blog entries and subjects (and growing) of study in Practical Christian Living theology we present the following suggested outline in reading this blog site so that it does not become confusing to you. Here is a suggested outline:
I. God’s Gift of Grace Applied
1. Grace, Grace, God’s Grace
2. The Covenant of Grace - Hodge
3. The New Birth and Conversion: The True Biblical Salvation
4. God’s Orderly Work of Salvation
6. Christ The Lord
7. The Providence of God Brings Comfort To Believers
8. Perseverance of the Saints
10. Jesus Had The Power To Sin But Did Not Have The Character To Sin
11. A Follow-up Explaination off “Jesus Had The Power To Sin But Did Not Have The Character To Sin”
12. A Critical Look At the Emerging Church Movement w/ Catechism Editing A Critical Look At the Emerging Church Movement by: Phil Johnson (Catechism Editing By Steve Horne)
13. Infants In The Celestial City!
15. Christian Tracts
16. Why Did the Son of God Come?
17. Why All Things Work For Good
18. Justification- Salvation By Grace Through Faith
19. Decisional Regeneration
20. Salvation- God Rescues His People
21. All Of Grace
22. Perseverance Of The Saints
23. A Critical Look At the Emerging Church Movement by Phil Johnson 2006 -----Catechism EditingBy Steve Horne http://christianthotsataglance.blogspot.com/
24. Dualism is Heresey
25. Five Points of Calvinism
II. The Doctrine of Sola Scriptura
1. Sola Scriptura in Doctrine and Practice (Part 1)
2. Sola Scriptura And Orthopraxy (Part 2)
3. Sola Scriptura and Orthopraxy: Establishes "Philosophy of Ministry" (Part 3)
4. Sola Scriptura and Orthopraxy: In Doctrine, Church Polity, Worship, and More (Part 4)
5. Sola Scriptura and Orthopraxy: In Our Worship and Christian Living (Part 5)
III. The Church, Communion and Day Of Worship, Etc.
1. Identifying the Church
2. The Importance Of Church Membership
3. The Holy Spirit and the Church
4. Leadership and Unity in the Kingdom of God
5. Bible Instruction Must Be Under The Authority of the Church
6. The Keys, Who Has Them?
7. The Baptism Of Our Sinless Saviour
8. Baptismal Exhortation
9. Infant Baptism Does the Bible Teach It
10. The Sins of Rebaptism and Of Leaving One's Baby Unbaptized
11. Confusion, Not God's Way So IT Can BE Cleared Up – Baptismal Confusion
12. True Communion
13. Glorifying God
14. The Lord’s Wonderful Day
15. Thinking Deacon
16. What Type Of Church Did The Apostles Attend
17. Are We Catholics?
18. What Think Ye Of Mary
19. God’s Word Filtered!
20. Visible and Invisible Church
21. Oil in the Vessel
22. The true Church
23. The “true Church” Syndrome
24. How Did John Bunyan View Baptism?
25. Where Did Baptists Originate?
26. Gifts! …. From God? (Part 1)
27. Gifts! …. From God? (Part 2)
28. Baptismal Regeneration
29. Did You Know? Are You Shocked?
30. The Keys Who Has Them?
31. The Lord’s Supper ….. Why Not Weekly?
IV. Christian Witnessing
1. Called To Confess Christ In Word And As A Living Letter
2. Listening for Gospel Opportunities
3. Let's Evangelize
5. Merry Christiman
6. Why Do We Witnes To Muslims?
7. What is Pelagianism?
8. If Any
9. Why Did The Son Of God Come?
10. The Myth of Freewill
11. Abomination – Often Used And Misunderstood
12. God’s Mighty Promises
13. Aggressive Christianity? God’s Plan For You? …. You Betcha!
14. Renewing Your Mind .. With R.C. Sproul
15. The Thirty-Nine Articles of Religion – Written for a Wonderful Purpose
V. God’s Guidance and the Tools of Faith
1. Guided … by God?
2. Tools of the Faith
3. Canon - God’s Word Filtered!
4. Favorite Hymns
5. More Favorite Hymns
6. The Bible God’s Word To Us
7. Progressive Sanctification – Growing in Grace, Cooperation With God
8. Can We Use Eastern Language In Our Prayer And Devotional Life
9. We Must Be Holy
10. Much Study Is Wearisome
VI Practical Christian Living to Glorify God
A. About Biblical Counseling
1. What is Nouthetic Counseling – Jay Adams
2. Christ And Your Problems
3. Counseling and Special Revelation
4. The Sovereignity of God in Counseling
5. Is There Any Difference In Biblical Counseling?
6. Christian Counseling Change vs. Change
7. Godliness through Discipline – Jay Adams
8. Guided! … By God?
9. From Uselessness To Usefulness
10. One Anothering
11. Not Controling But Loving and Serving
12. Guidance When You are Just Not Sure What To Do
13. Biblical View of Self Esteem
14. What Do You Do When Anger Gets The Upper Hand?
15. God Has A Plan
16. God is Always in Control
17. Counseling Encourages Talebearing
18. The Power of Relationships
19. You Can Help One Another
20. TULIPGIRL. Com for the Ladies
1. Biblical Principals of Work and the Biblical Work Ethic (A Seven Part Series)
2. What Christians May Do
3. Everybody Works for God
4. From Uselessness To Usefulness
6. Occupational Search – A Biblical View
1. Our Basic Duty – Forgive the Repentant
2. A Look At Commitment
3. The Need To Forgive
4. What is Forgivness?
5. From Unpardonable to Pardonable
6. From Uselessness To Usefulness
7. Being Angry for the Purpose Of Problem Resolution
8. One Anothering
9. The Purpose of Forgiveness
10. Aggressive Christianity? God’s Plan For You? …. You Betcha!
D. Worry, Guilt And Depression
1. Worry: A Serious Life Issue Which Must Be Broken
2. How Is Your Conscience?
3. What To Do With Guilt
4. Godliness Through Discipline
5. Calvin and Anxiety
6. From Unpardonable to Pardonable
7. What If I Find Hypocricy in Me?
8. What Do You Do When You Become Depressed?
9. God Has A Plan
10. Anger (# 1)
11. Anger (# 2)
12. Impatience and Idolatry
13. Keeping the Heart
14. Learning The Basics On Identifying, Handling, Overcoming And Eliminating Depression
E. What To Do With Evil
1. Overcoming Evil – Jay Adams
2. The Evil of Backbiting and Evil Speaking
4. Aggressive Christianity? God’s Plan For You? …. You Betcha!
F. Sex Issues
1. Thoughts on Biblical Sexuality and in Overcoming Sexual Difficulty
2. The Power of Relationships ( The Bible on personal Influences)
3. The Purpose of Forgiveness
4. Resolving Sexual Difficulties in the 21st Century
5. The Power OF Relationships
6. Can You Answer These Questions? (For Husbands)
1. AA Doctrines Compared with the Scriptures
2. Thoughts on Biblical Sexuality and in Overcoming Sexual Difficulty
3. The Power OF Relationships
H. Death and Dying & Health
1. Proper Thinking At the Time of A Death and / Or At A Funeral
2. A Saint Looks At Death
3. Being Thankful For Pain
4. To Oil or Not To Oil
5. Infants In The Celestial City? .. Yo Betcha!
1. Handling Doctrinal Disagreement
2. The Evil of Backbiting and Evil Speaking
3. Is IT Right To Judge
4. The Purpose of Forgiveness
5. Can You Answer These Questions? (For Husbands)
VII. My Most Precious Faith (10 Parts) Written for my Children and Place Here To Encourage You As You Disciple Your Children in the Most Holy Faith
1. My Most Prescious Faith -
2. My Most Precious Faith -. My Most Precious Faith – Belief of A Christian
4. My Most Precious Faith – Concerning the Sacraments
5. My Most Precious Faith – Living in Grace and Gratitude
6. My Most Precious Faith – Our Duty to God
7. My Most Precious Faith – Our Duty to Men
8. My Most Precious Faith – Prayer Our Duty and
9. My Most Precious Faith – The Lord’s Coming Again
10. My Most Precious Faith - Conclusion………
1. A Request Humble Honored
2. Judy Rogers Music – Giving The Best To Your Children
3. Proverbs Themes:
c. Self Image
g. Instant Living and Its Down Fall
i. Family (Father, Mother, Children)
j. The Simple
k. The Tongue
a. Are You Sure You Like Spurgeon?
b. Two Dozen Facts about Spurgeon
c. Twelve Proofs Spurgeon Believed in Uncoditional Election
e. The Christian
f. Feeding Sheep or Amusing Goats
g. The Riches of Spurgeon
h. A Sin For Which There Is No Excuse