Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Goal .... Tongue Control(Prov. Part 11)




A Personal Note To You: It seems very hypocritical of me to be the one to post this on the tongue. I cannot tell you how often I fail in not controlling the tongue. I have been insensitive saying things without the flavour of grace. I have in anger exploded and let the mouth say regrettable things. I have judged others where I did not have all the facts before me. And I have beared false witness by making statements concerning folks at times when I should have gone to them to find out the "what, why and whom" concerning what was truly meant or said or did. "Have I grown in control of the tongue? Yes! by God's grace."

"Am I perfect in control of the tongue? NO." I will seek to grow in this area. I will promise this that I will repent and seek forgivness if I sin against others with my tongue. I ask that you be patient with me, love me and let me know if and when I sin in this manner and I shall see reconcilation with you before my Almighty God..... Steve


A. The Tongue Of Truth (Wise and Righteous)
(Pro 10:20) The tongue of the righteous is choice silver; the heart of the wicked is of little worth.

(Pro 12:18) There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.(Pro 12:19) Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue is but for a moment.

(Pro 10:31) The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom, but the perverse tongue will be cut off.

(Pro 15:2) The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly.

(Pro 15:4) A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit.

(Pro 15:23) To make an apt answer is a joy to a man, and a word in season, how good it is!

(Pro 15:28) The heart of the righteous ponders how to answer, but the mouth of the wicked pours out evil things.



B. The power of the Tongue


(Pro 18:21) Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.

(Jam 1:26) If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

(Jam 3:5) So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things. How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire!(Jam 3:6) And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell.(Jam 3:8) but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

(Pro 15:1) A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

(Pro 21:23) Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.

(Pro 24:26) Whoever gives an honest answer kisses the lips.



C. Effects Of A Wicked Tongue


Pro 6:16-19 There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him: (17) haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, (18) a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, (19) a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

(Pro 12:18) There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.(Pro 12:19) Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue is but for a moment.


(Pro 15:2) The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly.


(Pro 15:4) A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit.

(Pro 17:20) A man of crooked heart does not discover good, and one with a dishonest tongue falls into calamity.

(Pro 21:6) The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a fleeting vapor and a snare of death.

(Pro 25:23) The north wind brings forth rain, and a backbiting tongue, angry looks.

(Pro 26:28) A lying tongue hates its victims, and a flattering mouth works ruin.

(Pro 15:1) A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.



D. Truthful And Wise Lips Do Not Go Unnoticed


(Pro 12:18) There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.(Pro 12:19) Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue is but for a moment.


(Pro 15:2) The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly.


(Pro 15:4) A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit.

(Pro 28:23) Whoever rebukes a man will afterward find more favor than he who flatters with his tongue.

E. Evildoer And Mischevious Tongue

(Pro 17:4) An evildoer listens to wicked lips, and a liar gives ear to a mischievous tongue.

(Pro 25:15) With patience a ruler may be persuaded, and a soft tongue will break a bone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home