Have You Heard? Have You Not Seen? Are You Aware?
Have You Heard? Have You Not Seen? Are You Aware?
1. Democrats vowed to reach Evangelicals:
Howard Dean Vowed to reach Evangelicals in his leadership as democratic leader. On the day before being elected chair of the DNC Dean met with leaders of different Democratic constituencies formatting and outlining an approach that emphasized outreach to evangelicals and people of faith. The purpose is to distance the Democratic Party from their image as a “secular party out of touch with common Americans”. Dean has been studying how the Christian Coalition built its movement. He has promised, and is carrying forth the decentralization and funding of the DNC responsibilities into all 50 states. These promises played a major role in his election as the DNC party chairman.
2. Democrats Are seeking to Hijack Christianity:
Democrats are seeking to hijack Christianity and use its language fr their political purposes. One of the things they do in this however is show their ignorance of the meaning’ messages, and directives and doctrines of the Bible and Christianity.
a. Howard Dean who “hates Republicans” states that the Republicans violate the command of Christ to "love thy neighbor as thyself." by resisting any efforts that would enlarge a “tender-loving federal bureaucracy”.
b. John Kerry cites the New Testament book of James "Faith without works is dead," when he suggests that the word "works" includes the works of lawmakers and politicians.
c. The very liberal House miniority leader Nancy Pelosi quotes Jesus "inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me" implying that “doing unto the least” means “raising more taxes for entitlement programs”.
3. Democrats have a new website called Faithful Democrats at http://faithfuldemocrats.com/ .
They state they are people of “action”. A community of religious leaders, political leaders, writers and Americians committed to the Gospel and to “common good”.
They propose to “provide a Christian-focused, Democratic community online” by way of “both dialogue and action”. They state they want to hold “our nation and the Democratic Party to their highest ideals”.
This is not a change of direction for the Democrats in moving from liberal to a proper conservative position. It is just one of the tools of the liberal Democrats to seek to distance the Democratic Party from their image as a “secular party out of touch with common Americans”.
Never fear friends their liberal positions and ideas are still being spouted. They will continue on their way to be a canker on life. We can see that these things will not change when we see who writes for them. Their selected writers are “usually Christian and tend to share the core values of the Democratic Party”. They list their theologian writers which speaks volumes:
Rev. Dr. Robin Lovin – University Professor of Ethics, Southern
Dr. Charles Gutenson – Assistant Professor of Philosophical Theology, Asbury Theological Seminary
Dr. Obery Hendricks, Jr. – Professor of Biblical Studies,
3. Rep. John N. Hostettler (R-Ind.) accused Democrats of "denigrating and demonizing Christians,"
This information identifies the reality od wise men in
While the House was debating on a a Democratic amendment to the annual defense appropriations bill that would require the Air Force Academy to come up with a plan for preventing "coercive and abusive religious proselytizing" John Hostettler made the assertion that "the long war on Christianity in America continues today on the floor of the House of Representatives" and "continues unabated with aid and comfort to those who would eradicate any vestige of our Christian heritage being supplied by the usual suspects, the Democrats." ..He also stated that "Like a moth to a flame, Democrats can't help themselves when it comes to denigrating and demonizing Christians,"
Dear Christians it is important for us not to be deceived by these Democrats. They are liars. Where there is manipulation there are lies. We need now less and less to listen to these liberal folks. They do not seek the good of our country nor of her people. Their platform and words seek to kill and destroy basic moral and fundamental societial values which truly come from God in the Scriptures!
I call for Christians to vote conservatively. Let us remember the horribleness of abortion, socialism and terrorism that so wants to spread. And spread seemingly by whatever means necessary. Let us take a Biblical stand on all issues concerning life. Remember the Scriptures are written so that the people of God can live properly in this world so that Christians would know what to do and what actions to properly to take in life. .
Some issues to think through this election period are:
Jobs & Economy
- Pass legislation that promotes economic growth - including making tax cuts permanent.
- Strengthen Social Security.
- Strengthen high schools to prepare Americans for jobs in the 21st Century.
Strength & Security
- Support increased base pay for service members and health care benefits for veterans.
- Stand with President Bush on increased defense spending that better prepares and protects our military.
- Show support for the President’s improvements in Homeland Security to defend our country.
- Reform the tax code to ensure a simpler, fairer and more pro-growth system.
- Restrain spending by the Federal Government.
- Make tax cuts permanent for individuals and small businesses.
- Support a new high school initiative to help states hold high schools accountable for teaching all students.
- Promote accelerated mathematics and science achievement for all secondary students, and especially low-achieving students.
- Accelerate student achievement with Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate and State Scholars.
- Fix Social Security now to avoid dramatically higher taxes, massive new borrowing or sudden and severe cuts in Social Security benefits or other government programs.
- Reform Social Security for
’s younger workers - our children and grandchildren. America
- Remind your elected officials that Social Security cannot afford to continue paying benefits with the current pay-as-you-go system.
- Appoint judges who strictly interpret the law.
- Oppose the unprecedented use of Senate filibusters.
- Fix the broken nomination process.
- Stand with President Bush in his efforts to protect the homeland by controlling the borders.
- Protect the rights of legal immigrants and match willing workers with willing employers.
- Support incentives for temporary workers to return to their home countries and families.
Faith & Values
- Fight to ensure that faith-based and community charities can participate in Federal, state, and local programs.
- Support President Bush's Access to Recovery program, a proposed three-year, $600 million drug treatment voucher initiative, will give recovering addicts expanded access to a full range of faith-based and community providers.
- Support legislation providing mentoring for children of prisoners.